Welcome to Tai Chi Retreats Costa Rica
“Discover tai chi’s amazing benefits for health & self defense.
Explore the awe inspiring natural beauty of Costa Rica!”
YOUR TAI CHI RETREAT EXPERIENCE
Your six day tai chi retreat includes two 90 minute tai chi classes daily.
You will learn tai chi basics, solo form, partner training, and tai chi qigong.
New retreats begin every Monday and finish Saturday afternoons.
We teach original Chen style tai chi in the tradition of Grandmaster Wang Xi’an.
Learn this fascinating art, science, and philosophy at a pace that is perfect for you.
Our Discover Chen Style Tai Chi Series is a comprehensive tai chi program for beginner, intermediate, and advanced level practitioners and teachers.
Click here to view our tai chi training curriculum.
Once you have confirmed your retreat dates with us, you can contact your choice of lodging accomodations to secure your reservations.
We recommend that you arrive a day ahead of your retreat (Sunday afternoon) and book 7 nights lodging.
Below is a list of the main lodging facilities in Pavones, from luxury to budget:
Cost for one student: $750 US
Cost for two students: $ 1,200 US ($600 US each)
Cost for three students: $1,500 US ($500 US each)
You can also schedule private training by appointment at $100 US per hour.
Book your Chen Style Tai Chi Retreat today!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred retreat dates and number of people attending (maximum 3 people per week).
We will respond within 24 hours to confirm availability, with complete details how to book your tai chi retreat, travel information, etc.
Here is a great website to get the best flights to Costa Rica at the best prices: www.justfly.com
Fly to San Jose, Costa Rica (not San Jose, California!)
From San Jose you have several options how to get to Pavones:
- I will arrange for my driver with a large, comfortable van to welcome you at the airport in San Jose and drive you to Pavones (6 – 7 hour drive through the mountains and by the ocean). Van can take up to 6 passengers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- Fly to GOLFITO (approximately 1 hour flight) with Sansa Airlines, then a taxi to Pavones.
- Take the bus (Tracopa) from San Jose to Paso Canoas (approximately 7 hours) and then a taxi to Pavones (one hour) or bus to Pavones (2 hours).
- Rent a car in San Jose and drive to Pavones (6 – 7 hours).
- Entry to Costa Rica requires a valid passport. No visa is required for US citizens.
- All businesses accept US dollars here and most accept credit cards. So you do not need to exchange money.
- When you purchase something, you will receive change back in Costa Rica currency (called “colones”).
- Most people here speak English, especially service people, taxi drivers, etc.
- Pavones is “the beach”, so pack accordingly – swim suits, shorts, t-shirts, beach sandals, sunglasses, hat, sun block… and good hiking or walking shoes.
- Make SURE to bring a reusable water bottle and shopping bag – help us eliminate plastic waste!
- Pavones is a rain forest environment so you may want to bring some rain weather clothes and umbrella… also bring a flashlight.
- There are several restaurants here and they accommodate any diet type. We have a few small supermarkets where you can get everything, and a few trucks each week you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables directly from them…
- Both Pavones Riviera and Cabinas Las Gemelas have kitchens, so you do not have to eat out.
Learn Chen Style Tai Chi in Your Hometown
We would be happy and honored to visit your hometown and share the amazing benefits of tai chi for health and self defense.
Contact us to organize a tai chi workshop in your community!
Video of the Week: Loosening Up
A Message from Dr. Bob Bacher
Since 1969 I have dedicated my full time to the practice, study, and teaching of martial arts and natural health care.
My intention is to share the original principles and training methods of Chen style tai chi for health, self defense, and long life.
Click here for more about Dr. Bacher.